Trading on StellarX happens in the Markets view, which you access using the tab on the top left. The interface should be fairly intuitive, and the best way to understand how it works is to play around with it a bit.
Here’s a simplified overview:
- Each asset is listed by type along with the token’s issuer, ticker symbol and issuer public key, current price, 24-hour volume, and 24-hour percentage change in value.
- When an asset has a [+] next to it, that means there is more than one issuer for that asset, which is often the case with anchored tokens (aka “tethers”). Click that [+] and you’ll see every issuer’s version of that asset. For more on anchored tokens, check here.
- To select a token, just click on it.
- Once you’ve selected a token, you will open the token detail view, where you can view the order book, price charts, and recent trades. You can also use the trade box to buy or sell that token.
- To get more information on a token, follow the URL at the top to the issuer’s official website, or click its public key, which will open the token's full listing on Stellar.Expert, a third-party Stellar explorer.
- There are no market orders on StellarX, only limit orders. For every order, you need to specify what you’re willing to pay.
- Once you’ve created your order, hit the yellow button at the bottom of the box. You should get a notification that your order is processing and, after a few seconds, that your order has been successfully placed.
- Your order will fill when there’s a match in the orderbook. It stays on the books until it’s filled or until you cancel it manually. To see open and completed orders, go to the Activity tab.
- Completed and open orders will also appear in your Wallet.
If you run into any problems placing a trade, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org