One thing to keep in mind about crypto: transactions are irreversible, so if someone gains access to your account, there is very little you, or anyone, can do to recover stolen funds. Including us. It’s crucial that you take steps on your end to ensure the integrity of your account.
Here are some of the things you should do:
- Never share your secret key. Anyone who knows it has full control of your Stellar account.
- Don’t reuse passwords. If another site’s security is breached and someone gets ahold of a password that you also used on StellarX, they can use it to take over your account. Use a password manager like 1Password or Last Pass to generate—and keep track of —unique passwords for all your online accounts.
- Enable MFA. To do that, go to the bottom of your security settings and choose to “Require multi-factor authentication.”
- Use a hardware wallet, such as a Ledger Nano S. For more info on how to connect your Ledger, check here.
- Keep track of your recovery phrase. If you lose your password and don’t have your recovery phrase, we will not be able to help you gain access to your account.
- If you get a notification of a login from a new IP, and you didn’t login from a new IP, change your password immediately and notify us: firstname.lastname@example.org